The Smoky Mountain Paralegal Association is a nonprofit association formed in 2005. SMPA is dedicated to the promotion of the paralegal profession in Tennessee. SMPA does this through the development of the highest standards of service, ethical conduct, continuing education and broadening the public understanding of the paralegal profession. SMPA is an affiliated association of NALA - The Paralegal Association.
Goals & Objectives
- Maintain high standards of performance in the paralegal profession
- Inform members of developments in the paralegal profession
- Encourage and provide continuing education for paralegals
- Promote awareness and educate the community regarding the effective use of paralegals
- Foster communication, education, and understanding among members of the legal profession and the community
- Establish good fellowship among association members, the National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc., other paralegal associations within our state, the state and local bar associations, and members of the legal community
- Encourage a high order of ethical and professional attainment
- Cooperate with state and local bar associations
- Support and carry out the programs, purposes, aims and goals of the National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc.
SMPA Members work in all areas of the law, are students in recognized paralegal educational programs, and supporters of the paralegal profession who are interested not only in furthering their own professional development, but are also dedicated to the advancement of the paralegal profession as a whole. SMPA subscribes to NALA’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility.