Your SMPA membership comes with some great benefits. We strive to be a valuable resource for you and want you to take advantage of these benefits not only to help yourself but to contribute to the paralegal community as a whole.
- Annual seminar which provides 8 to 10 hours annually of Continuing Legal Education (CLE).
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) opportunities – 1.0 hour of CLE is offered at monthly meetings.
If you can’t make the meetings, you don’t need to miss out on earning your CLE. Each month we rebroadcast the previous meetings CLE presentation online which is available anytime to SMPA members at no additional charge.
- Quarterly Publication – “The Liaison” is published quarterly and contains educational articles, SMPA events, NALA events, as well as, articles from various legal professionals.
- Monthly E-Newsletter – “SMPA Today” is provided electronically every month with CLE opportunity announcements and other breaking news.
- Recognition as member of a professional association.
- Networking base with our 103 members in Tennessee.
- Voice in development of the paralegal profession.
- Opportunity for personal growth through interaction with likeminded professionals.
- Sustaining Members receive a link with their company logo and contact information in our Sustaining Members section.
- SMPA Student Scholarship awarded annually to a student currently enrolled in a member’s paralegal program within the SMPA region.
- Certified Paralegal Scholarship awarded annually to a member in good standing in an amount equal to the cost of taking the NALA Certified Paralegal examination.
- Mentor Program – Experienced paralegals mentor current and recently graduated paralegal student members.