The Liaison – Contest – Christmas in July – Job Bank Notification
Bill asked, and our membership delivered. You not only delivered, you knocked it outta the park! Many, many thanks to everyone who contributed to The Liaison.
Janie Shelton – Search for Significance; Jeanie Matthews – Member Spotlight; Jeanie Matthews – Book Nook; April Denard – Research Memo – Where, Oh Where, was the Crime Committed?; Jeanie Matthews – SCOTUS in the News; Sherri Miljenovic – SMPA Outreach Report; and so much more!!
For this publication of The Liaison, we are having a contest. Inside the pages, you will find #networking embedded in the articles. Let us know the number of #networking you find. If you guess the correct number of #networking, you will be entered into the drawing for a $20.00 VISA gift card! To submit your entry, send a private message to SMPA on Facebook or Instagram or you may email Kate Harris at email@example.com. Contest ends 8/31/20. Kate will post a video of the drawing on social media, and you will also be notified by email. Best of luck!!!
Christmas in July
I am so proud of you!! We were able to send Ronald McDonald House a nice gift. I won’t steal Sherri’s thunder. Check out her article in The Liaison to find out the amount of our gift. Please read the Thank You note attached here from the grateful folks at Ronald McDonald House.
Job Bank Notification
We have received the job posting noted below. Best of luck to all who apply!
Knoxville law firm specializing in Criminal Defense, Social Security Disability, and Personal Injury law is seeking a self-motivated, organized, and professional individual to join our fast pace and growing office team. This individual will leverage their exceptional client service and relationship development skills to effectively and efficiently manage the day to day operations of the office while the attorneys are in court. We are seeking someone who will act as trusted partner to the attorneys in managing the business as if it were their own.
- Drafting legal documents such as orders and letters to the court
- Answering and directing phone calls, including completing client intakes
- Managing the attorney’s court schedules
- Interacting and building rapport with court clerks, District Attorney offices, law enforcement, and clients
- Filing documents with court
- Requesting evidence from law enforcement and managing client files
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and manage time-sensitive tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and professional attitude
It’s a plus if you have:
- Paralegal degree/certificate
- Demonstrated success in an office environment where you have to juggle various responsibilities
Pay will be based on level of experience. Paid time off and opportunities for bonuses are available.
If interested, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org